Information Technology Director
fax: (719) 589-4526
Mission Statement: The mission of the Information Technology Department is to deliver quality and innovative information technology solutions to enhance efficiency, reduce paperwork, reduce costs, and streamline the flow of information to the citizens, business community, City departments, Constitutional offices, and other governmental agencies
- Provide a reliable network and communication infrastructure on which user departments can conduct City business operations.
- Provide timely and effective resolution to the department's technology needs.
- Maintain the highest availability of network resources to users by keeping network downtime to a minimum Increase the fault tolerance and reliability of network resources.
- Provide adequate support personnel along with the training and tools to promptly respond to the department needs.
Provides services and support for the City of Alamosa related to:
- Systems analysis, designing, and programming for computer services.
- City-wide software and hardware computer audits and inventory.
- Internet Services (Training, Support, and Web page development/maintenance).
- On-site computer software training.
- Network cable installation.
- Online services for the patron's to contact the Library system.
- Installation and Maintenance of the entire Southern Peaks Public Library Public Computer Systems.
- Emergency Support function of coordinating all communications with outside agencies in emergency situations, including: telephone services, line ordering, cable installations, fax machines, and Cellular Phones.
- Coordinating all telephone services, placing orders, and trouble reporting.
- Technology research and analysis for all services used by or anticipated for use by the City of Alamosa.
- Ordering and monitoring all telephone circuits used for the network, installation of new telephone workstations and programming.
- Telephone and voice mail systems maintenance.
- PC Hardware support and maintenance.
Contact the Information Technology Department at 719-589-2593 or Info@ci.alamosa.co.us